CIVIC UNION “UKRAINIAN TOURIST GUIDES ASSOCIATION” is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization. It was created to unite tourist guides, managers, museum guides and other tourism professionals to improve the quality of their work, increase the role and prestige value of the profession in Ukrainian society.
• The main goal of the organization is to unite the guides on the basis of creating favorable conditions for the progression of the national tourist product by developing and promoting a high-quality excursion product, increasing the level of the guides professional skills, specifying their role and place in the educational process, raising the profile of the profession.
• Improving the system of training and guides professional growth, creating conditions for the specialists, professional development and the mainstreaming of ethical standards of the profession.
Leading the way…
• Assistance in the process of forming a professional environment for guides in Ukraine; reforming Ukrainian legislation using the experience of European countries that are leaders of the tourism market, harmonizing Ukrainian standards with European Union legislations; evolving legal forms of self-organization and self-regulation of the tourism community; development of excursion business, in particular, excursion product in Ukraine; the establishment and maintenance of a national register of guides.
Rated by our…
• Represents Ukraine in two international professional communities: the European Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (FEG) and the World Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (WFTGA).
• Conducts training courses for beginners and professionals, lectures on history and culture, entrepreneurship, marketing, psychology, conflict resolution as well as various workshops for the organization’s members.
More information http://uaguides.com